- Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 per annum
- Location: Auckland
- Post date: August 21, 2019
- Ref #:
- Specialism: Events
- Job Type: Permanent
- Industry: Venues, Leisure, Hospitality
Our client, a renowned venue in Auckland is seeking a superstar Event Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
You’ll work as part of a team of four to own the end to end logistics coordination for events ranging from boutique meetings to large weddings and concerts. You’ll be able to tailor your approach to exceed clients’ expectations and deliver an exceptional event with all the details just right!
- Proactively develop and identify relationships with key clients / accounts.
- Retain accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within an organisation.
- Identify sales prospects through customer and supplier referrals and develop relationship with these accounts.
- Conduct familiarisations of the property with potential clients as required.
- Ensure response time in responding to client enquiries is prompt and professional.
- Ensure all Confirmations, Function Sheets and Invoices are always detailed and accurate.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally (suppliers) using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Ensure event invoices are prepared accurately and sent to client within guidelines set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Generate revenue through actively perusing new, repeat and referral business where appropriate.
- Generate revenue through actively up-selling products to clients where appropriate.
- Ensure to keep up with market trends and competitors’ activities that arise
- Participate in marketing and industry events, such as trade-shows and seminars.
- 2+ years within a fast paced and client focused environment
- Have a genuine interest or qualification in events, hospitality or tourism
- Strong ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise a to-do list while ensuring all clients have an exceptional experience with you
- Take a positive problem-solving approach with issues and concerns.
- Ensure efficient, friendly and professional service is provided to all guests.
- Anticipate and isolate potential areas of problems and complaints.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
Let's find you the right opportunity.
If you’re seeking something different than what is advertised, please submit your CV and we’d love to catch up about how we can assist.