Senior Accountant - Manager
- Salary: Negotiable on experience
- Location: Wellington
- Post date: July 29, 2020
- Ref #:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Industry: Professional Services / Accountancy
About this employer: Our client in a Wellington based accountancy firm, self-confessed group of "non-stereotypical" accountants who are seeking a key addition to their team!
You'll be wanting an opportunity to make a real impact, lead and develop a great team of budding accountants - and have a keen eye for detail. This opportunity appeals to anyone wanting a personalised and tight knit working environment with genuine work-life balance and flexibility to your career.
Sound interesting? Read on or reach out to have an initial conversation :)
About this role: This role can be split into two key components as below – in no particular order:
Team Manager (Oil to our Engine Room)
- The “go to person” for a team of four including two Chartered Accountants in training, an offshore accountant and Team Coordinator
- Responsible for the day to day operations and management of workflow using our internal software systems
- Check ins, development, training and performance management of your team / direct reports
- Reporting directly into the CFO (office based) and CEO (in the office part-time)
- You’ll be a team player, exceptional communicator and naturally collaborate closely with your peers who consist of a:
- Senior Accountant who manages a portfolio of clients and gets through a huge amount of technical “grunt work”, and supports in your review of compliance work
- Client Advisor who you’ll partner closely with to ensure effective and accurate ways to manage the information transfer from our ‘engine room’ to our clients
Quality Champion (Mechanic to our Engine Room)
- Champion the quality control (reviewing work) of work heading out to our awesome clients which would include:
- Reviewing financial statements and tax returns, GST returns, management reports, budgets and forecasts
- Annual and Interim Financial Reporting, GST Preparation and Financial Budgeting
- Continuous business process improvement – we are always thinking “is there a better or more efficient way of doing this”
- You will not be required to see clients face to face, but occasionally you will be asked to help the team with:
- Strategic Client Meetings
- Client Software Selection
- Business Mentoring
- Strategic Tax Planning and Structuring Advice
- 5 + years within a medium sized CA environment, ideally but not essential
- Tech savvy and fluent in Xero – you’ll love that we’re a paperless office
- You’ll have some awesome examples of when you’ve managed people / a team previously, be an exceptional communicator and love playing your part in the team’s successes!
- You’re keen to break the mould and make a positive impact to businesses and your team
Let's find you the right opportunity.
If you’re seeking something different than what is advertised, please submit your CV and we’d love to catch up about how we can assist.