Event and Project Coordinator
- Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 per annum
- Location: Auckland
- Post date: January 11, 2021
- Ref #:
- Specialism: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent
A well-known industry body is looking for a highly organised and tech savvy Event Coordinator to join their team. Working closely with the CEO/Event Director, you’ll be passionate about bringing an event to life and ensuring all the finer details are taken care of!
You’ll love the responsibility to champion and deliver on-going projects/events while working collaboratively as part of a tight knit team.
- Assisting the CEO with Event Coordination including budgeting, researching, booking travel/venues, catering/beverages and producing event procedures and timelines
- Coordinate and support with the running of 30 – 35 events per year (ranging in size and scale)
- Planning in conjunction with CEO the communications and marketing schedule for each event
- Support and update simple budgets (Excel) with spending and upcoming costs through accurate and competitive quoting and supplier agreements
- Keeping on top of accounts and run sheets including invoices, sales, budget and revenue (Xero)
- Ensure all new sponsors logos/names are loaded onto the appropriate websites and document templates
- Coordinate collateral for eDMs ensuring accurate content, proof-reading and formatting before being sent to membership body
- Overseeing all RSVPs including producing invites, name tags, sending and recording the RSVP spreadsheet and preparing the guest list on the door
- Managing ticket registrations/sales through direct website
- Coordinating judging panel for large event (including their flights, accommodation etc.), preparing certificates and ensuring timely follow up for all winners
- Coordination of all event logistics including onsite support e.g. ensuring presentations run seamlessly with specific technology etc. and troubleshooting as required
- Recruiting University students for extra help when needed
- Working closely with key external stakeholders alongside ad hoc support to the Board to Directors as required
- 2-3 years administration/coordination experience (ideally within an events environment)
- A real can-do attitude with high attention to detail (essential)
- Super organised, a team player and resilience to prioritise a busy workload in an events context
- Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Basic knowledge of design (Abode/Photoshop/Indesign - not essential)
Let's find you the right opportunity.
If you’re seeking something different than what is advertised, please submit your CV and we’d love to catch up about how we can assist.